Thursday, October 6, 2011

10 Nicki Minaj Wigs and Hairstyles

Nicki Minaj, the top female rap icon of the pop culture is creating a trend with her colorful wigs. Some say she went with the Gaga look but she actually said her looks was inspired by a cartoon character instead.

"Never did I think I would be rocking the Marge Simpson, but you know what, now that I am wearing them I realize that she was cutting edge and before her time. So shout out to Marge!" Nicki said in an interview with People Magazine.

Aside from her articulate rapping and easily digestable lyrics, there is one more thing that keeps her stand out of the music industry is the fact that she is not afraid of colors.

So here are my Top 10 Nicki Minaj looks:
The Mad Hatter's Hair
10. Mad Hatter's Hair
Anybody who watched 2010's Alice in Wonderland will know the reason I coined its name. Starring Johnny Depp as the mad hatter have similar look with his hair exploding at both sides of his head but with a huge magician's hat on.

The two photos at the right look more of  Goldilocks' especially the one on top.
Weed Wig


9. Weed Wig
Nicki Minaj looks like a scorching tan mermaid  who just got out of the waters and accidentally got an uprooted seaweed on her head in this photo. Aside from that, she also brought a couple of perfectly-sculpted bombshells to give those human beings behind her a luscious treat. She also looks like Karylle of The Kitchen Musicale here.
Mandarin Wig

8. Mandarin Curls
This bitch in orange curls showed off her style during the BET Awards in 2010. She also wore this wig for the promotional pictures of her Young Money album.

Monochromes
7. Monochromes
I am not sure if these are wigs or dyed hair but I am sure these looks so good on her especially with her bronze complexion. The color stands out which makes her everywhere's eye candy. Her cotton candy hair in the right side is a cropped photo from her Pink Friday album cover.

Margie Simpson-inspired look




















6. Nicki's inspiration
Who would have thought that Margie Simpson's hair would look awesome to a Hollywood celebrity music icon. The fans love it! Nicki seems to love it more because aside from those six above, there are more versions of it.

Ice Cream Twirlies

5. Ice Cream Twirlies
I wish I could touch her hair in this photo. I am so curious if it's her real hair showered with spraynet or just one of her absurd but cool wigs. If this ain't real, maybe it will fall under the head dress category rather than a wig.

Rainbow hues







4. Rainbow Hues
White hair from the scalp to top and colorfully tinted ends of every strands. This one is also popular. I guess this one is also one of her favorites.

Blue Locks


3. Blue Locks
Curly locks like of Goldilocks but with different saturations of color blue matches great for a monochrome outfit suiting her very blue stylish gloves ready for a music video shoot. Did I mention she looks like a modern day doll in this photo?

Braided Bandit



2. Braided Bandit
There is something in this photo that makes me think this style is Gaga-ish. Perhaps the pyramid-pointed top. I somehow don't get the simple design in Nicki's mouth mask. Anyhow, I love the braided do. It is simply one of her best hairstyles. The colors of carnation pink, golden yellow and cream strands make a perfect combination.






And for the top rank of my list...

The Wild Cheetah
1. The Wild Cheetah
Finally, my number one spot goes to her wonderful Cheetah hair. They say Nicki color her own hair for herself. That's impressive. The outcome is just so immaculate. I saw this look in her newest music video "Fly" which is currently topping the hit charts.


And that's it. That completes the set of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment